JEB logo

Journal of Environmental Biology

pISSN: 0254-8704 ; eISSN: 2394-0379 ; CODEN: JEBIDP

About Journal
    Home
    Editor in Chief
    Editorial Board
    Reviewer Panel
    Publication Policies
    Guidelines for Editors
    Guidelines for Reviewers
    Abstracting and Indexing
    Subscription and Payments
    Contact Journal
 
Read Journal
    Current Issue
    Journal Archives
 
For Authors
    Guidelines for Authors
    Terms and Conditions
    Fees and Payments
    Track Paper Status
 
Announcements
    JEB Awards
 

Google Search the Journal web-site:


    Abstract - Issue Jan + Mar 2010, 31 (1)                                     Back


Abstract_ 04

Evaluation of soil properties and flora under afforestation and natural

forest in semi-arid climate of central Anatolia

 

Ceyhun Gol*, Mehmet Sezgin and Melda Dolarslan

Faculty of Forestry, Cankiri Karatekin University, 18200, Cankiri, Turkey

(Received: February 15, 2009; Revised received: May 15, 2009; Accepted: September 05, 2009)

 

Abstract: Arid and semi-arid climates and antropojen effects have caused rapid deterioration of the natural resources in the watershed. The main objectives of the study were to determine the correlation between soil properties and flora and to examine some soil properties and floristic composition under natural forest and afforestration. The topographical, geological and stand viewing maps of the watershed belong to 1955 and 2006 years were eximaned in the study. According to this study, the 14.5% rate of black pine forest in 1955 increased to 35.8% in 2006. Degraded forest, degraded black pine and agricultural area decreased respectively to 5.7, 1.8 and 15.8% in 51 years. The richest families in the research area were Asteraceae, Fabaceae, Lamiaceae, Poaceae, Brassicaceae, Caryophyllaceae, Scrophulariaceae, Boraginaceae, Apiaceae and Rosaceae. The rate of the richest families was 71.75% in the total species, the remaining 22 families were scattered to 28.25% in proportion of species.

Key words: Afforestation, Soil, Flora, Semi-arid climate, Central Anatolia

PDF of full length paper is available online

.

 

Copyright ? 2010Triveni Enterprises. All rights reserved. No part of the Journal can be reproduced in any form without prior permission. Responsibility regarding the authenticity of the data, and the acceptability of the conclusions enforced or derived, rest completely with the author(s).